Tuesday, September 13, 2011

God! I'm your boy.

Dear God

I don’t know who you are, Where do you stay,
I only know that, to you, daily, we pray.
Mom told me you are mighty enough,
To good, You are good. To criminals, You slay.
Dad used to take me to the temple every Sunday,
but this time, we were away.
Mom told that dad is with you now,
and will come soon and bring my toy.

Like every morning, Dad came near my room,
swept all the worries from my face with smiling broom.
He hugged me and kissed me on my forehead,
and in reply, I said “Good Bye Dad”.
He said “I’ll get candies for you”
for me that was ample to woo.
He left with a smiling face,
It looked good, as he used to embrace.

I played with my toys,
in park and with next-door boys.
But then, Mom received a phone-call.
A call that made her fall.
I couldn’t ask her why she was crying.
She couldn’t speak but she was trying.
She hugged me and said, “Your dad loves you.”
I said I love him too.
She said, 'He’ll not come soon'
And he didn’t come till next noon.

Then, after a while, Mom said which shook me away,
‘Your dad has gone, where only angels stay’.
I said ‘let’s go there, Do you know the way?’
I don’t know why she started crying again,
But I could see that immense pain.

God, I’m just a six-year-old boy,
I don’t know about the problems in this world
I remain busy with my toy.
I don’t know about wars and bombs,
I just know, it’s not a thing for joy.
Bring me my dad, I request thee,
Because he said he will bring candies for me.

3 comments: