Sunday, October 2, 2011

An E-Breakup

Rahul came late from his office. It had been a pathetic day for him. His boss, because
of some unforeseen reasons, terminated him. He had some family issues which were
resounding in his mind. He wasn’t upset because of all these incidents but may be
because he hadn’t seen any defeat in his life. He took out his laptop from his bag and
opened up his e-mail ID.

He had several problems with his girlfriend, Divya, which were adding fuel to the
fire. He didn’t want to end everything with her, as there were three reasons for that.
-First, they were in relationship since a long time and it wasn’t easy for him to leave
things unsettled.
-Secondly, he didn’t have the guts to call her and say all this.
-Thirdly, he was deeply in love with her.

So, he finally decided to write an e-mail to her.

“Dear Divya
It has been a long time since we have been together and needless to say that we
have shared great moments. But, you know, these days, things are not working as
we thought. We both are miles apart and it’s not that easy for us to survive in these
conditions. So, I think it’s better if we decide mutually what could be done. It’s hard
for me as well to decide something on which our life is dependent.
I miss all those times when we used to have to night-long chats or when you were
upset, I used to make you laugh with my silly thoughts. But, I guess, it’s all over
now. I think we should move on. I hope you understand. I’ve always loved you and I
always will.
Bye.
Rahul.”

He turned off his laptop and cell-phone and left the things on the table.

                                                          *********

“Someone is knocking at the door. Go and see.” a feminine voice reached Rahul’s
ears.
A girl younger to him opened the door,
“Yes?” she enquired politely. “I’m Rahul. Is Divya at home?” he asked. “Why
have you come here?” her tone became irritated voice.

Divya must have had told her about that e-mail.

“Something important. Please tell me where she is. I want to meet her.” he said in an
earnest voice.

She deliberated for a few moments and then let him in and led him to Divya’s room.
“You better keep it short.” she warned and left.

Divya was sleeping at that time. He slowly walked up-to her bed. He noticed her
pillow was wet; she had probably cried all day and all night ever since she received that e-mail. And finally, when tears dried up in her eyes, she left the grudge of losing him and slept.
He looked at her beautiful face, partially covered with her long black hair. Pain of losing someone could easily be seen in her swollen eyes.
“Hey! See, who is here.” he nudged her gently to wake her from the dreams she was
knitting.

She woke up with a start. Eyes still groggy, she tried to figure out who was sitting
next to her. She must have thought it was a dream as she tried to touch his face to
confirm. She was looked cute and innocent.

“Why have you come here?” she asked the moment her sleepy senses caught up.
“For you.” He replied.
“Oh, yeah? What not? What about that e-mail?” she enquired.
“It was mandatory. Or how would I have been able to see this sad-cum-surprised expression on your face?” he laughed.
“I’ll kill you.” She hugged him and cried.
“Stop crying and get me a cup of coffee. It was a long journey.” He laughed again.

And, the third reason prevailed till eternity.

5 comments:

  1. woah..!!!...for a few minutes i was so into it as if it will never end....short n nice...looking forward for more

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. But every story has a happy ending. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I personally believe, that ur write ups/posts are not story but a particular expression. The whole thing is all about that ONE expression, to make the reader feel and live that ONE expression/emotion after/while reading ur text.

    Story is although a complex compound of many such emotions or manifestations of one emotion/no emotion.

    I lived the expression u intend to convey via this one, does that mean ur write up is successful? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now here comes my "Genuine critic". To be precise, i can't name it as my "stories". These are just expressions and observations which i gather from my personal life (and from this world as well). As you said, story means amalgamation of expressions, which is true. But because of the lack of time, writing abilities(as I'm a novice) and other factors, I can name it as my 'Stories'. :)

    And Thanks if you have lived the expression which i tried to convey via my short "Expression-Story". Please keep guiding. I feel good when a 'Veteran' guides me. :)

    ReplyDelete